RIVA WAND FIRMWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS
CURRENT FIRMWARE VERSIONS
ARENA: 112 in WAND app/9824 in Google Home app
FESTIVAL: 112 in WAND app/9915 in Google Home app
iOS WAND app: 2.6
Android WAND app: 2.6
WAND speakers feature an automatic over-the-air update system that brings you the latest and greatest features on a continual basis. To verify that your speakers have the most current firmware, open the WAND app, tap on the gear icon associated with a speaker, and take a look at the Host Firmware line. Additionally, you can verify the version of the WAND app itself by launching the app and tapping on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner. Tap on “Settings”, and you should be able to see the version number here.
If, for any reason, your speaker is not showing the latest firmware, here are instructions on how to manually update it.
- Use a PC or Mac computer and connect to the same Wi-Fi network as the WAND SPEAKER.
- Download the latest firmware file for the ARENA or FESTIVAL:
- Make sure to download the file for the type of speaker that you’re updating. DO NOT download the FESTIVAL firmware and try to install it on your ARENA, or vice versa.
- Note that the file name for the FESTIVAL and ARENA firmware may be identical.
- Find the IP address of the WAND SPEAKER on the Wi-Fi network. You can try looking in:
- The Google Home app
After launching the app, tap on the icon in the upper right corner to see a list of your speakers. Then, tap on the three dots associated with that speaker and select “Settings”. Scroll to the bottom of this page and you should see “IP Address” listed.
- The RIVA WAND app
Launch the app and tap on the gear icon associated with your speaker. You should see “IP Address” listed here.
- The Google Home app
- On your computer, open any web browser and type in the IP address of the RIVA SPEAKER: 192.168.xx.xxx
- A web page will appear with RIVA Audio at the top.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the web page to where it say “Firmware Upgrade”.
- Click on Upgrade.
- Click on Choose File, then find the firmware file you downloaded previously. It may be named something like 83_IMAGE_NETWORK. Click Update.
- The website will spend a few moments loading the firmware. It will then present you with a confirmation page, telling you which version is going to be installed. Click OK.
- Your speaker will start flashing red/blue/green while it updates. It will then reboot itself – indicated by the LED on your speaker pulsing light blue. When it turns white again, your speaker has finished updating.
- It’s suggested that you do a factory reset of the speaker and then set it up again per original setup instructions. To do the factory reset, press and hold the Play/Pause button at the same time as the << button. Hold these buttons together for about 5 seconds, until you see the LED ring flash and turn light blue.
If you need additional help, please contact RIVA Audio Customer Support.